Thursday, October 18, 2018

Hung Out to Dry

The tiny clothespins caught my eye at a craft store.
They were real, with working springs.
I bought them on a whim and an image began to take shape.

I sketched it quickly with pastels on cardboard from the recycling bin.

Later I got out the sewing machine.
The skirt and jumper are cut from outgrown jeans.
There is eyelet lace on the Mom-size bloomers.

And several months after I hung it on the wall, this very familiar scene from my younger life became the opening scene for my novel.










1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your artwork very much. And I love that you are doing a variety of styles and colour palettes. I was surprised when I realised they were so small, so much impact, feeling and emotion in such a tiny canvas. You have made me realise that I don’t need a large surface to express my own thoughts and emotions. Thank you for sharing part of your life with us.

    ReplyDelete