Friday, October 9, 2015

Comment Policy


It's time for a friendly reminder that this is a blog about my personal journey out of Christian fundamentalism.

My audience is primarily others making the same journey, as well as those curious about the effects of fundamentalist homeschooling in general, and Bill Gothard's teaching in particular.

My path has taken me away from theism altogether. I do not attempt to de-convert my readers, and I wish my readers would not try to re-convert me. If you think I have rejected all gods merely because I have not yet tried yours, please refrain from saying so.

Attempts to proselytize or to apologize for the sincerely-held beliefs of my parents will be deleted as readily as we dismiss Jehovah's Witnesses who come to our door.

Thank you. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I take it you've been receiving proselytizing comments as of late?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite was the one asserting that [the commenter's god] *is* "patriarchal and oppressive". Of course I'd want to try him, too. :D

      Delete
  2. I always feel like these are my karma for my own proselytizing... then I remember that karma isn't real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jeri, may I write a quick comment about bill gothaTrEd? Thank an effing lot there, Billy boy - for running people off!

    ReplyDelete